Sample Control Technician
***This is a NON-LAB opportunity*** working Monday – Friday from 1:30pm – 10:00pm
The Sample Control Technician is responsible for ensuring that all samples are entered into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and made available to the lab staff in a timely manner. Assists with the coordination and maintenance of stability studies as directed and in accordance to FDA, cGMP, and Boston Analytical’s Standard Operating Procedures. This position reports to the Manager of Sample Control. The Technician’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for receipt and entry of samples.
- Performs any combination of sample management tasks, including labeling, preparing for shipping, transporting to labs, inventorying, and disposing.
- Reviews and verifies sample paperwork against samples to ensure accuracy and communicates discrepancies.
- Distributes sample information and paperwork.
- Verifies data entry completed by others.
- Assists with stability studies as needed and directed, including removal of samples from stability and verification of information.
- Properly handles, stores, and disposes of hazardous materials according to OSHA and Boston Analytical procedures.
- Ensures all work performed strictly adheres to cGMP, company, and client documents.
- Follows good documentation practices, all safety rules and regulations, and all cGMP rules and regulations.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or GED, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline preferred
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with cGMP preferred
- Knowledge of QC Chemistry or Microbiology testing is a plus
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- The ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements noted above competently, safely, accurately, and proficiently.
- Self-starting motivated person who possesses excellent time management, the ability to adapt to change, and organizational skills.
- Must have an ability to complete tasks efficiently and have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to clearly communicate with the manager.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be a team player with integrity and concern for the quality of Company products, services, and staff members.