Help Desk Specialist – Second Shift
The IT Help Desk Specialist will provide help desk support to employees and peers by answering questions about applications, helping to determine the source of the problems, and advising on the appropriate action to users to resolve all reported and assigned issues. These issues include, but are not limited to: desktop, printer, administrative support, as well as more general IT assistance. This position will be Second Shift from 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm. The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONISIBITIES
- Provide first level and-user technical support including desktop and phones.
- Troubleshoot network issues, user PCs, laptops, printers, phones, and other peripherals.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal employees.
- Troubleshoot problems with network connectivity, web access and basic network connectivity and google access.
- Troubleshoot internal applications specific to the business operations.
- Resolve issues using appropriate troubleshooting, helpdesk ticketing, in coordination with other team members and subject matter experts.
- Diagnose and resolve client side hardware problems or failures
- Provision accounts for new users/terminated users as well as password administration.
- Manage Hardware and software inventory
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at supervisor’s discretion.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- An associates degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience working with computers.
- Experience working in a Pharmaceutical or similar lab environment is a plus.
- CompTIA A+ certification a plus.
- Candidate will have some experience with installing, monitoring, maintaining and configuring computer systems and networks.
- Solid knowledge of PC hardware and operating systems of desktops along with basic server knowledge.
- Any knowledge of programming and application development, and direct experience in LabWare LIMS would be considered a huge plus.
- The ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements noted above competently, safely, and proficiently.
- Knowledge of common printers, printer drivers, and printer mapping techniques is essential.
- Must be able to quickly learn new technologies and applications.
- A self-starting, motivated person who possesses good interpersonal skills capable of effectively interacting with all departments and client personnel.
- The ability to seek direction or act independently as the situation demands.
- Organized, detail oriented, and possess the ability to logically investigate and determine both the causes of reported issues as well as how to resolve those same issues.
- Must be a team player with integrity and concern for the quality of Company products, services and staff members.