The Billing Clerk is responsible for creating & reviewing customer invoices daily, communicating with internal departments and providing administrative support to the Finance department staff. This is a full-time opportunity initially working from 8:30am – 5:00pm during initial training. After initial training is completed the standard hours for this position will be second shift 2:00pm – 10:30pm. This role can be hybrid/remote, but will need to be commutable to Salem, NH.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Timely verification and processing of customer invoices daily
- Ensure all project expenses, including labor, are costed and billed accurately
- Daily data review, validation and pricing of new projects
- Effective communication with project teams to verify data, as needed
- Maintain project folders, including shared folder management
- Assist with billing statistical reports, daily management reports and emailing client documents as directed
- Our billing system is integrated with our Laboratory Information Management System.
- This position demands extensive time operating in our advanced computer networks.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred
- Experience in a science & math based environment preferred
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Medium to high proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Quick learner who takes personal pride in their ability and skill to perform detailed job requirements thoughtfully, accurately and completely.
- Good Communicator – verbal and written advanced skills
- Self-motivated, practices excellent time management
- Interpersonal skills, manages multi-tasking well and is organized